Course duration: 1 day
What's Included: All course materials. Morning and afternoon tea.
Not got an account?
Create an account now
1. Understand the role of a first aider in regard to:
The importance of preventing cross infection
The need for recording and/or reporting incidents and accident
Assessing a scenario and circumstances to ensure they act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
2. Can perform CPR to current protocols and understand the differential for drowning.
3. Understand the importance of the recovery position and the need to modify it for small spaces.
4. Can administer first aid to those who are unconscious
5. Can identify types of external bleeding and control bleeding
6. Can use appropriate dressings, bandages and other first aid equipment available, including improvised dressings and bandages.
7. Understand the term shock, recognise and treat it
8. Can recognise and understands the treatment for hypothermia following immersion and/or exposure.
9. Recognise the signs of a reduced level of response, with particular reference to serious head injuries.
10. Can administer suitable first aid for:
burns, including scalds, chemical and electrical
minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises and small splinters
11. Can choose suitable first aid equipment
First aid certificates should be refreshed or renewed every three years, other than STCW First Aid certificates which may be refreshed up to every 5 years.
Last updated 3:15pm on 20 November 2018
Cliff HouseCliff RdSalcombe DevonTQ8 8JQUK
Phone : 01548 842593
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Company No. 10627328
Tax No. 141485869
View on map