MERLIN WEEK 12th - 17th July 2020
Published 08:34 on 16 May 2019
Merlin Week 12th -17th July 2020
Key features to the 2020 NoR.
- The entry process is the same as 2019. Namely a draw which will be on the 30th August 2019 with entries accepted from the end of this Merlin Week by hand-written or scanned entry form.
- Top eight placings in Merlin Week 2019 gain a place if they want it, in Merlin Week 2020.
- The criteria to gain an SYC entry to the event is now retrospective.
- Those on, or who were unable to accept a place from, the 2019 waiting list plus then are also on the 2020 waiting list, now gain priority on any 2020 waiting list.
- You are required to state which Merlin you propose to race. SYC wish to favour those who are invested in the class having bought a boat. You can sail a borrowed boat but you have to evidence at the time of entering, that you have found a boat to borrow and you have permission from the owner to race it.
- You can enter if you have a boat on order or in build, providing you have a letter from the builder or an RYA sail number allocation.
- If you enter and get a place, you have to pay the entry fee. If you withdraw without paying the entry fee, you may not enter the 2021 Merlin Week unless reviewed otherwise by the SYC Sailing Committee which is a separate committee to the Merlin Week event committee.
- The entry fee is held static.
9. It remains that a change of helm is a new entry unless at the discretion of the SYC Sailing Committee.
Last updated 08:07 on 24 July 2019