Salcombe Yacht Club is revving up for a bumper packed 2022.
Published 12:31 on 22 Jan 2022
With Covid numbers finally decreasing, the SYC have got 2022 all mapped out with Open Meetings, Regattas, Social Events and Training Programmes
Accommodation in Salcombe is booking up fast, so now is the time to start planning your trip and entries for this season's Open Meetings and Regattas. Please note; entries are limited and book up fast so don't delay. . . !
Dates for your diaries -
APRIL 9th - 10th Merlin Rocket Silver Tiler Open Meeting ~ sponsored by Salcombe Gin
30th - 2nd May RS400 Early May Open Meeting
30th - 2nd May National 12 Early May Open Meeting
30th - 2nd May Salcombe Yawl Early May Open Meeting
JUNE 2nd - 5th Solo Jubilee Weekend Open Meeting
2nd - 5th Yawl Jubilee Weekend Open Weekend
JULY 3rd - 8th Merlin Rocket Week 2022
AUGUST 1st- 5th Salcombe Town Regatta
7th - 12th Salcombe Gin SYC Regatta.
SEPTEMBER 10th - 11th RS Aero/LaserRadial/4.7 Open Meeting
17th -18th Yawl Open Meeting
OCTOBER 5th - 6th Solo Open Meeting
Take a look through our new-look website with lots of social events being added to the calendar before, during and after the Open Meetings and throughout the year.
New FOR 2022 -
* Our bar has had a spruce up with new pumps, a lick of paint and a guest ale is being added to the drinks menu.
* The dining room is currently being updated by Lucy, our Social Media & Marketing Manager; we cannot wait to see the end result - make sure you check it out next time you visit us!
* Weve teamed up with the Salcombe Harbour Hotels (The Salcombe Harbour and The Harbour Beach Club) to invite our members to visit the hotels and receive 10% discount on food and drink. . . both venues have breathtaking views for you to enjoy whilst sipping on your favourite cocktail!
* Model Yacht Racing - This has become a very popular hobby and with new Dragon Flight 95 owners joining in the action, the fleet is growing stronger in numbers all the time! Keep an eye on the SYC website (under the sailing category on the main menu) to find the next meet and, when you're next in Salcombe, grab yourself a cuppa and watch the action from Batson pontoon!
* And finally, the watch-house is currently being painted, inside & out, with new boat racking being installed for the start of the season.
Wow', I hear you say?! - Yes, thats a lot to take in and very exciting for current, new and old members alike. 2022, here we come . . . . . . !